It’s dessert time here at Love Bug Fitness for this #FoodieFriday!! Mmm…fall is just around the corner, people are already talking Pumpkin Spice and other fall flavors, so we’re going to bring you some delicious, CLEANER, yummy spiced apples to get yourself all cozy and ready for fall. So much healthier than pie! AND…this recipe is a PERFECT one to involve your kiddos..get them in the kitchen baking and stirring with you!
Every bite of this dessert is punched with flavor. It is a DELICIOUS Fall treat that will substitute great for any traditional pie!
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dark miso
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup rice syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 baking apples, partially cored
- 1 cup organic apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the raisins, walnuts, miso, tahini, rice syrup, cinnamon, and water in a small bowl.
- Core the apples, but not all the way through. Leave enough at the bottom to hold the filing.
- Stuff each apple with the tahini mixture.
- Place stuffed apples in a small baking dish and pour the apple juice into the pan and on the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or more, depending on the apple variety.
Not only is this a cleaner version of a traditional pie, but this delicious, mouthwatering recipe is also vegan! Egg free, dairy free…this is perfect for any diet.
Make sure you share the post with your friends that would love it! And hashtag it #foodiefriday!
For a printable version: