This week’s Foodie Friday is happenin’ on Saturday! 😂
That’s because I had to try out the recipe on my friend Brooke first…and IT WAS A HIT! So, in other words, this recipe was Brooke approved. 🙂 I think you’ll love it!
This Balsamic Chicken Quinoa Bowl is super healthy, but satisfying because it’s filling! It’s got the lean protein of the chicken, the superfood punch of the quinoa and the veggies that even a veggie lover won’t scoff at. Let me know in the comments how much you love it when you try it!
Balsamic Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 1 cup spinach, or spring mix salad
- 3- 1 tsp olive oil, leave divided
- 3- tbsp balsamic vinegar, leave divided
- 2- 1 tbsp soy sauce, leave divided
- 2-1 tbsp minced garlic, leave divided
- sea salt, pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
For quinoa (work on chicken and brussel sprouts while it is simmering):
- In a medium saucepan, quickly saute 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tbsp minced garlic, and dry quinoa until quinoa turns a light golden brown. This happens quick!
- Then add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat and simmer until all liquid is cooked out and quinoa is fluffy.
- Score chicken breasts with a fork or a knife, leaving little holes in the chicken.
- Pour 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp soy sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until done.
For brussel sprouts (cooks at same time as chicken):
- Trim ends off brussel sprouts and cut in half, then in half again.
- Toss with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp garlic and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Lay on a sheet pan, place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until a deep, golden brown.
Once all of the ingredients are cooked, place all of them in a bowl and add your spinach or salad, and top with remaining balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. ENJOY!
For even more quick and healthy recipes, CLICK HERE!
For a printable version: