This is a vegetarian meal that your family won’t even be able to tell has no meat! It is so delicious, and with all the smoky and spicy flavor that’s packed in the pepper, they’ll never be the wiser that there’s no ground meat in there at all.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed well
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (about 6-8)
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of dry quinoa to boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until all liquid is gone and quinoa is fluffy.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add in olive oil, garlic, red onion and chopped tomatoes and all the spices and salt.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in black beans.
- Once quinoa is done, incorporate beans mixture into the quinoa.
- Stir to blend well.
- Cut the red bell pepper in half and lay on a baking sheet.
- With a large spoon, fill each side of the red pepper with a heaping amount of black bean/quinoa mixture.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the pepper is tender, but not too soft.
For a Printable Version: