It’s Foodie Friday!!! This week’s AMAZING menu item? My Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad!
I’ve never been a fan of the traditional tuna salad. I just don’t like the texture and the flavor of mayo, so I have always tried to find a way to satisfy the tuna salad lovers, like my hubby, but the non-mayo wanters, like myself. It actually works out great, because this salad is SO MUCH LESS FAT that it doesn’t break the macro bank! Actually, it’s a very HIGH PROTEIN salad!
The salad is tart (those Meyer lemons give it SUCH an amazing flavor), a little spicy, refreshing, and light! The salad has more density than just any old salad, so I stay full…but at the same time, I feel like I’m eating fresh…(well, because I am!!) so I’m not left with that heavy feeling after eating. It’s DELICIOUS! You should give it a try!!
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz canned tuna (can also use fresh tuna, seared! would be WONDERFUL!)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 Meyer Lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- To a large bowl, add the spinach, arugula, mushrooms, cilantro, and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Meyer lemon juice, the olive oil and the seasonings.
- Toss all of this to combine, and add in the tuna on top. One more toss, and you’re ready to serve!
This salad packs a HUGE punch of flavor! You’ll love it as much as I do I’m sure! I’d love to hear how it tasted so make sure you comment below!
For a printable version: