I so much love Shrimp Tacos!!
Here in the South, so close to Mexico, one can never go wrong with a good shrimp taco.
Well, I knew there had to be a way to make them a bit healthier than the fried shrimp you typically see in the recipes!
So..exit tons of fried batter and oil…and enter punched up flavor with a mix of cayenne, garlic, and smoked paprika. It’s a WIN!
You add whatever toppings you want! I love diced avocados, some vibrantly colorful, crunchy shredded cabbage and a sprinkle of perfectly flavorful chopped cilantro.
It’ll be very hard to simply stop at 1, or 10! (I assure you!)
These shrimp tacos are fantastic for a casual and entertaining summer dinner party. You could get ready most of the recipe in advance, and then simply fire up the grill and lay out all the ingredients for everyone to help themselves.
Regardless of whether you have family and friends coming into town to visit or perhaps you are hustling from one event to another, this quick dinner will allow you to concentrate on spending your time the way you like. This dinner comes together in under 30 minutes and can be regulated to serve a crowd if required.
- 4 oz large shrimp, shells off and deveined (about 12)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 3 corn tortillas
- In a bowl toss the shrimp with olive oil, 1/2 of the lime, garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, and salt until coated.
- Let those sit while you heat the corn tortillas on a skillet.
- Fold each tortilla in half and fill with shredded cabbage, cherry tomatoes, slices of avocado, and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with the juice from the remaining 1/2 of the lime.
- Using your skillet, coat with cooking spray.
- Lay the shrimp down in an even layer and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- (About 3 minutes each side) Add the shrimp to the inside of each taco (about 4 each) and drizzle with more lime if you want more!
- Serve and ENJOY!!!
For a printable version: