YUM!! It’s Foodie Friday here at Love Bug Fitness. That means RECIPE DAY FOR YOU!
Every week I like to try to create at least one new recipe. Something fun, something delicious. Most of the time it’s Clean Eating food…sometimes it’s not 😉 This week’s recipe is absolutely clean, healthy food, but it doesn’t taste like it! (That’s just the way I like it)
We’re doing a dressing that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. No jokes. AND it’s not even going to derail your macro count! It’s simply fruit carbs!
It’s Sweet and Sour Mango Dressing, and it can be kept thin for salads, or I will show you how to thicken it up to become a sauce on the top of all kinds of lean meats like pork chops, chicken and even fish.
It’s delicious, you’ll love it! So let’s get started!
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/4 cup Raw Dark Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper
- Dice up your mangoes (if you don’t know how, I’ve included a how to video for you at the bottom!) and throw them into the blender.
- Also pour in the red wine vinegar. (garlic flavored red wine vinegar for this is DELICIOUS!), the agave syrup and the salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Literally, THIS IS ALL. That’s all you do! The dressing is done, pour some over your salad and save the rest.
For a thicker sauce:
- Take blended dressing and pour into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to low and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until it creates a thick sauce.
- This delicious dressing/sauce will be tart, sweet, and a little bit spicy at the end! It’s DELICIOUS!
Here’s my Sweet and Sour Chicken Salad, done with the thickened sauce. Simple, delicious, clean food. Mmmm
For a printable version:
Need help cutting a mango?? Here you go: